The Following are the Rules observed at the Iowa State Pedal Pull Championship
- The entrant must be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner at a sanctioned Pedal Tractor Pull in Iowa.
- The contest will be for youth ages 4-11 years old and 12 years old at State and Nationals.
- The child will enter the age he or she is on the day of the State contest, even if he or she has had a birthday since winning in an earlier age group. Each contestant must completely fill out a registration form and provide Proof Of Age – a copy of their birth certificate, baptism certificate or school record will be accepted. Each contestant must have a parent or guardian’s signature.
- Pedal tractor and sled will be provided by the Iowa State Pedal Pull Association.
- Whoever can pull the weight sled the greatest distance with a steady pull in his or her age group will be the winner of their group. No jerking is allowed and contestant must remain seated.
- The State pedal pull will be conducted on carpet. The tractor may wander off the carpet but the sled cannot. If the sled wanders from the carpet track officials will determine if the contestant will pull over. Pull overs will be at the end of the group or after a five-minute rest period.
- Trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place boys and girls in each age group. Participation ribbons will be given to all contestants.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place boys and girls in each age group will advance to the National Pedal Pull at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota.
Local Pullers may use different rules. For a list of rules at a local pull please contact your local puller.